Among the many losses caused by recent wildfires, several thousand acres of ranchland in Central and Eastern Washington burned. The livestock that survived, including thousands of cattle and horses, are in desperate need of seed and hay.
Donations of feed and hay are being accepted by various organizations around the region. If you are in a position to donate — or if you’re seeking feed supplies — here are some contacts:
- Douglas County Emergency Feed Coordinator (Mansfield/Jameson Lake Area): Manthy Salsido, 509-449-2151.
- Foster Creek Conservation District: www.fostercreekcd.org, 509-888-6372 (main office) or 509-449-2158 (after normal business hours).
- South Douglas Conservation District: southdouglascd.com, 509-745-9160.
- Lincoln County Cattleman’s Association: Contact Maddi Overmyer, 509-724-8884.
- Okanogan County Fairgrounds: Contact their director at 509-322-1621.
This is not a comprehensive list. Your local conservation district may be able to connect you to other donation sites.